Information on Management of Pet Registration
This service contains registration of pet profiles, microchip implantation and issuance of tags.
- Related Regulations on Pet Registration:
Process based on the Animal Protection Act, Standard for Pet Registration, and Standard for Fee Collection of the Pet Business.
- What advantages does pet registration have?
Efficient dog management, prevention of rabies outbreaks, health assurance of the citizens and pets.
You can also ask for lost pet search via 902 pet registration stations around Taiwan.
It is able to effectively diminish stray animals, eliminate social problems, and elevate the international image.
- Why do we publicize pet registration?
With an attempt to respect lives and protect animals, an inquiry system for lost and found pets must be established to prevent the problem of stray animals.
- Notice for Pet Registration:
(1) The owner must be 20 years old or older. If the pet keepers are younger than 20 years old, their legal representative or legal guardian shall be the owner.
(2) Pets with an owner shall not be abandoned.
(3) When entering a public place, pets must be accompanied by people who are seven years old or older and take proper measures for protection.
(4) Owner must take their pets to authorized stations for pet registration within four months since birth of pets.